D-Day: June 6, 1944, 6:30 am. 160,000 allied infantry troops are approaching the coasts of Normandy to conduct the largest amphibious landing in history. There you are, a lone soldier in a turret. How long can you hold them off?
Note: D-Day Defender is not beatable. History will have its course, and the Allied Invasion will succeed. But how long will you endure?
- 16 achievements
- 8 different enemies
- 3 different temporary power-ups
- One special ‘mortar’ attack
- Chainable explosives (combos).
- Intro, mid-game and ending cinematics
- Fire at groups of enemies for better efficiency.
- Vehicles explode, time those well so you take out a couple of soldiers as well.
- Gun overheated? Reload while you wait!
UpdatesA little note from the author here, to clear up some confusion. This game is not in any way meant as a pro-Nazi game. The fact that no matter what you do, you’ll lose in the end and the sad music when you die is in fact there to signify how pointless war is in general. Lots of lives are lost for unnecessary causes. Although I must stress that the Allied invasion on D-Day was not serving an unnecessary cause, as it ultimately ensured the freedom of all of Europe. Little symbolic things such as Nazi occupied France being portrayed in a red colour, and the Allies in blue are there to symbolise the fact that the German army here is the ‘bad side’. This game was not made to force some kind of ideology upon the player. I’m sorry to everyone who misunderstood my intentions.